Bethlehem Lutheran Church - Fort Collins

First Location

500 block of 10th Street
Fort Collins, CO

Second Location

509 E. Olive St.
Fort Collins, CO

Current Location

Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church
1200 S. Taft Hill Rd.
Fort Collins, CO 80521
970.482.9692

History

Bethlehem Lutheran Church was organized on 20 March 1904 but church records date back to 1902, the first year of large scale Volga Germans immigration to the Fort Collins area. The congregation's first building was a small out building donated by the Fort Collins Colorado Sugar Company and moved to the 500 block of Tenth Street in an area of town called Andersonville. A new building was constructed of limestone at the corner of Whedbee & Olive. It was dedicated in 1914.

The congregation moved in 1961 to a larger structure at 1200 South Taft Hill Road, and in 1962 changed its name to Shepherd of the Hills. The former church building on Olive is now home to St. James Episcopal Church.

Shepherd of the Hills is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).

Pastors & Priests: 

Rev. Manntuefuel
W. John Siefkes
Conrad H. Becker
Barb Lemke (1984-1990)
Dana Peterson

Bethlehem Lutheran Church Fort Collins, Colorado.
Source: Larimer County Water Ways Project.

Bethlehem Lutheran Church (now St. James Episcopal) Fort Collins, Colorado.
Source: Larimer County Water Ways Project.

Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church Fort Collins, Colorado.
Source: Church Website.

Confirmation Class (Year?) Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church Fort Collins, Colorado.
Source: Larimer County Water Ways Project.