Eden Evangelical Lutheran Church - Jefferson Park (Chicago)
Deutsche Evangelish Lutherischen Eden Gemeinde (Eden German Evangelical Lutheran Church) was officially organized on 19 May 1914 by Volga German families in the Jefferson Park area of northwest Chicago. Johann Karl Kramer (born in 1882 in Krasnoyar) served as its first president.
Most of the charter members of Eden congregation arrived in the U.S. between 1905 and 1913. The majority came from five Volga German colonies: Schwed, Enders, Rosenheim, Krasnoyar, and Nieder-Monjou. Other villages represented in the congregation are: Rosental, Philippsfeld, Stahl am Tarlyk, Schulz, Eckardt, Balzer, Grimm, Hoffental, Meinhard, Dobrinka, Fischer, Näb, Straub, and Jost.
In the 1920s, the congregation built a brick church at the corner of Gunnison & LeClaire.
Eden is now a member of the United Church of Christ and is known as Eden United Church of Christ.
The congregation of Eden Evangelical Lutheran Church was served by the following pastors:
Stephan E. Angel