Pilgrim Congregational Church - Billings

The original First German Congregational Church was dedicated on 11 September 1910 on the south side of Billings at the corner of South 36th Street and 4th Avenue South. There were 12 charter members who gathered in various homes before the first church was built. In 1936, the old church building was moved across the street and a new church was built. Services were held completly in German until 1943 when they began to hold both English and German worship services.

In 1957, the church affiliated with the United Church of Christ, but has since withdrawn to become an independent congregation. In 1958, the name of the church was changed to Pilgrim Congregational.

Location

409 South 36th Street
Billings, MT 59101-3653
406.252.8390
Pastors & Priests: 

The following pastors have served the congregation of Pilgrim Congregational Church:

William Schuster, 1910-1913
John Reister, 1913-1914
Gustav Heuer, 1914-1917
Fred Brose, 1918-1920
Friedrich Anhorn, 1920-1926
August Schiller, 1927-1937
Jacob Ament, 1937-1943
Harry Pfeiff, 1943-1950
Emanuel Gackle, 1950-1954
Philip Reich, 1954-1962
Henry Schneider, 1966-1980
Herber Schaal, 1980-1985
Rudolph Stohler, 1985-1986
John Sunburn, 1986-1993
David Munson, asst., 1986-1993
Lyn Hodges, 1993-1994
David Dickbernd, 1994-2008
David Metzger, 2014-
Steven Heppner

Original Congregational Church in Billings, Montana.

Pilgrim Congregational Church, Billings, Montana.

Interior of Pilgrim Congregational Church in Billings, Montana.
Source: Congregation's FaceBook Page.