St. John the Baptist Catholic Parish - Hyacinth

The effort to build a church in Buckeye Township in Ellis County was lead by James Ross and John Miller. Consecrated to St. John the Baptist, the Catholic church was dedicated on 29 November 1906 after three months of construction.

The families headed by the following men were the founders of the new parish:

James Ross
John Miller
Cornel Stecklein
George Schmidt
Alex Geist
Adam Pfeifer
Michael Geist
Peter Schoenfeldt
John O'Laughlin
Andrew Pfeifer
Lawrence Maschka
Alex Royer

Pastors & Priests: 

St. John the Baptist Parish in Hyacinth has been served by the following priests:

Edward Heil (1906-1910)
Stephen Bienemann (1910-1911)
Cyril Zeller (1911-1913)
Joseph Mayerhoefer (1913-1914)
Rev. Norbert (1914-1915)
Joseph Mayerhoefer (1915-1917)
Justin Walz (1917-1918)
Anthony Burkhart (1918-1919)
Victor Schiel (1919-1920)
Didacus Garovi (1920-1921)
Walter Herrmann (1921-1922)
George Karlin
Resources: 

- Hyacinth Cemetery (findagrave.com)
- St. John the Baptist Catholic Cemetery (Internment.net)

St. John's Catholic Church in Hyacinth.
Source: Golden Jubilee Booklet