St. John Lutheran Church (II) - Jefferson Park (Chicago)
There were several congregations established in the area that used the name of St. John's, and this one became known as St. John's - Mayfair. It is affiliated with the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod.
The Rev. A. Detzer, Sr., from Des Plaines conducted the first services in this area in 1874, and the congregation was officially organized on 3 October 1875. As the Volga German immigrants moved into the Jefferson Park and Mayfair neighborhoods beginning in 1888, many became members of St. John's.
In 1903, a group of twenty-six families from St. John's organized the daughter congregation of St. Paul's on Cranfield Ave.
4939 W. Montrose Ave.
Chicago, IL 60641
The congregation of St. John's has been served by the following pastors:
Fr. Brunn (1876-1881)
Paul Luecke (1886-1937)
John H. Lutz (1956-1990)
Richard A. Heinz (2009-present)
- The St. John's Story (church website)