St. John Lutheran Church - Susank

St. John Lutheran Church was organized near Susank on 20 October 1906. St. John began English-language services in 1943. During the pastorate of P. Juergensen, St. John joined the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod.

St. John merged with Emmaus Lutheran Church in Hoisington in 1955 to form Concordia Lutheran Church (in Hoisington). The final service at St. John Lutheran Church north of Susank was held on 7 November 1955.


3 miles north of Susank

Pastors & Priests: 

The following pastors served St. John's parish:

W. Berndt (1906-1907)
A.C. Frank (1909-1910)
O.G. Hebestreit (1910-1918)
J. Resner (1921-1924)
P. Juergensen (1924-1927)
E.F. Guenther (?-1955)

St. Johns was also served by the following vicars:

August Oberheu (1908)
William Kohn (1909-1910)
A.W. Ramelow (1909-1910)


- Concordia's History (Concordia Lutheran Church)


- St. John Lutheran Cemetery (