Zion German Congregational Church - Ritzville
Zion German Evangelical Congregational Church was organized in 1888 and the first church structure was built. This building was moved one block north in 1901 and converted into a school (this structure was subsequently demolished). The new facility was completed in the fall of 1901.
Currently this congregation is called Zion Philadelphia United Church of Christ.
301 W. Broadway Ave.
Ritzville, Washington 99344
Zion Congregational has been served by the following pastors:
G. Schauerle (1894-1905)
G. Graedel (1897-1901)
F. Egerland (1901-1905)
K. Stahl (1905-1907)
F. Egerland (1913-1923)
J. Houn (1923-1928)
George L. Zocher (1928-1933)
J. Morach (1933-1936)
F. Burkhardt (1936-1941)
Peter Ruder (1942-1952)
Alex Rehn (1952-1953)
R. W. Rieger (1953-1962)
- History of the Pacific Conference of Congregational Churches of Washington, Oregon and Idaho, 1897-1964.
- "Liste der Deutschen Kongregationalen Gemeinden." Illustrierter Kirchenbote Kalender 1926 (Redfield, SD: Redfield College Press, 1926): 65-71.
- "Namenliste der Prediger und ihre Adressen." Illustrierter Kirchenbote Kalender 1926 (Redfield, SD: Redfield College Press, 1926): 76-79.
- National Register of Historic Places Inventory - Nomination Form (1979) - Zion German Congregational Church
- Zion Congregational Church, Diamond Anniversary, 1888-1963 (booklet).