Ethnic German settlers, most of whom had first settled in the United States, began arriving in the area in 1907 and established the community of Rosenheim.
Volga German families settled in and around Rosenheim, Alberta.
In 1908, the year after the establishment of the community of Rosenheim, a wooden church was constructed. It was consecrated St. Norbert's Roman Catholic Church. The building was replaced by a imposing brick structure that was completed between 1922 and 1926.
The following Volga German families settled in and around Rosenheim, Alberta:
Miller from Neu-Kolonie
Sieben from Volmer
Stang from Volmer
Weinmeyer from Neu-Kolonie