Nikolayevka, Altai Krai (Siberia)
Nikolaevka was founded in 1907 (other sources record 1906) by first the Kaznacheyev brothers who were followed by the Nikolaev brothers after whom the village was named. Germans from both Ukraine and the Volga Region also settled in the village.
Volga Germans from the Samara Province who had founded the neighboring village of Maryanovka in 1907 later relocated to Nikolaevka.
Today, Nikolayevka is located in the German National [Cultural] District with its administrative center in the nearby village of Halbstadt.
The following Volga German families settled in Nikolayevka:
Schwartzkopf from Dönhof