Rybushka, Volgograd Oblast
Rybushka was originally known as Alexeyevskaya. It was founded about 1724. Landowner Kochubei resettled his serfs from Ukraine to these lands.
Because of its proximity to the Volga German colonies, many Volga German families lived there through the years.
- Williams, Hattie Plum. A Social Study of the Russian German. Thesis. (Lincoln, Neb.: University of Nebraska, 1916): 12.