Cordia, Rush Co., Kansas
The townsite of Cordia was formed on 1 July 1920 as an offshoot of the Liebenthal Parish on fifteen acres donated by Joseph Legge, Fritz Oelkers and M. Close. It received its charter on August 5th of the same year.
The community of Cordia never really consisted of anything more than the church and the rectory. Today, all that remains of Cordia is the cemetery located east of the former church site.
The following Volga German families settled in and around Cordia:
- Transcript of The Golden Jubilee of German-Russian Settlements of Ellis and Rush Counties, Kansas (1926).
- Penka, Bradley R. Cordia, Kansas - A Roman Catholic Settlement. LaCrosse, KS, 2008.
- The LaCrosse Republican 5 May 1932.
- Reynolds, Judith, et al. Rush County, Kansas: 125 Years in Story & Pictures (LaCrosse, KS: Rush County Historical Society, 1999).
- The Lost Village of Cordia, Kansas (Rush County Historical Society)