Marion, Marion Co., Kansas
The town of Marion was incorporated in 1875, shortly before the first Volga German families began arriving.
The following Volga German families are known to have settled in and around Marion:
Blehm from Shcherbakovka
Ehrlich from Shcherbakovka
Kammerzell from Frank
Schlotthauer from Huck
Socolofsky from Dreispitz
Suppes from Hussenbach
Wunsch from Galka
Declaration of Intentions filed in Marion Co., Kansas (Janet Flickenger)
Declaration of Intentions filed in Marion Co., Kansas (Janet Flickinger)
One of the flour mills operated by Jacob and Johannes Ehrlich. In the year following their arrival from Russia in 1875, Johannes built a mill on the west edge of Marion. He sold it in 1910, but the brothers purchased a mill one mile south of Marion on the Cottonwood River. They continued in business for 50 years.
Source: Betty Richmond.