St. Marys, Pottawatomie / Wabaunsee Co., Kansas

Includes the following communities: 
St. Marys, Pottawatomie/Wabaunsee Co., Kansas
Maple Hill, Wabaunsee Co., Kansas
History: 

The town of St. Marys, Kansas, straddles the county line between Pottawatomie and Wabaunsee Counties. It was platted 8 August 1866 and officially incorporated on 8 October 1869.

St. Marys is located about 20 miles northwest of Topeka and many families from the Volga German communities in Topeka moved to St. Marys over the years.

Volga German Congregations: 

St. Marys Academy

Volga German Families: 

The following Volga German families are known to have settled in and around St. Marys:

Abt
Arnhold from Beauregard
Bartell from Brabander
Bondrak (Bondank) from Brabander
Bucholz from Mariental
Buckner
Buss
Ernst from Brabander
Fuhr from Brabander
Gassman from Brabander
Gerstner from Mariental
Glick from Mariental
Hefner
Heim
Homan
Ingentron from Kamenka
Kinderknecht from Mariental
Kisner from Pfeifer
Martell from Brabander
Mesmer
Rickstater
Rumback
Sauer
Schreiner from Herzog
Seitz from Mariental & Semenovka
Sack from Semenovka
Staab
Schwalia (spelled different ways) from Brabander
Ziegler from Köhler

Notable Individuals: 
Sources: 

- Northeastern Kansas Chapter, AHSGR

Resources: 

Pre-Volga Origin

Volga Colonies

Latitude: 50.087500
Longitude: 8.198611
Latitude: 48.991111
Longitude: 12.034722
Latitude: 49.833300
Longitude: 6.283300
Latitude: 50.252222
Longitude: 9.322222
Latitude: 49.563333
Longitude: 8.247500
Latitude: 49.643561
Longitude: 8.456351
Latitude: 49.037693
Longitude: 7.943391
Latitude: 48.693600
Longitude: 6.184600
Latitude: 49.196733
Longitude: 7.142494