Pine Island, Orange Co., New York
Pine Island was founded by Volga German colonists immigrating from Yagodanya Polyana.
Today, Pine Island is a hamlet just west of the town of Warwick, New York, not far from the New Jersey border.
The following Volga German families are known to have settled in the Pine Island / Little York area - all from the colony of Yagodnaya Polyana:
- Sallet, Richard. Russian-German Settlement in the United States (Fargo, ND: North Dakota Institute for Regional Studies, 1974): 57.
- 1910 US Census (Fonda D. Wagner Baselt)
- 1920 US Census (Patrice Miller)
- Gerlitz, Reich, & Schadt Families (CK Gerlitz)
- Obituary Index, Warwick, NY (José Rivera Nieves)
- Obituary Index, Pine Island, NY (José Rivera Nieves)
- Obituary Index, Times Herald-Record (Orange County, New York
- Warwick Cemetery Index