Saint John, Whitman Co., Washington

Includes the following communities: 
Saint John, Whitman Co., Washington
St. John, Whitman Co., Washington
History: 

St. John was founded in the late 1880s and named for settler E.T. St. John. It was officially incorporated on 10 March 1904.  Many Volga German families settled in and around St. John.

Volga German Families: 

The following Volga German families settled in and around Saint John:

Appel from Morgentau
Bafus from Yagodnaya Polyana
Blumenschein from Yagodnaya Polyana
Ells from Yagodnaya Polyana
Getz from Yagodnaya Polyana
Hopp from Frank
Konschu from Yagodnaya Polyana
Lauten / Lautenschlager from Yagodnaya Polyana
Ochs from Pobochnaya
Pfaffenroth / Poffenroth from Yagodnaya Polyana
Repp from Yagodnaya Polyana
Schierman from Yagodnaya Polyana
Schneidmiller from Yagodnaya Polyana
Weitz from Yagodnaya Polyana

Resources: 

- 1920 Federal Cesus of Whitman County (Eugene Jenkins)
- Saint John Cemetery (findagrave.com)

Pre-Volga Origin

Map showing the location of St. John in Whitman County, Washington.
Source: Wikipedia

Map of St. John (1910)
Source: Washington State University Digital Archives.

Volga Colonies

Latitude: 50.581667
Longitude: 9.095833
Latitude: 50.417664
Longitude: 9.098934
Latitude: 50.417664
Longitude: 9.098934
Latitude: 50.655278
Longitude: 9.260278
Latitude: 50.338502
Longitude: 8.254690
Latitude: 50.501985
Longitude: 9.123418
Latitude: 49.714861
Longitude: 8.839583
Latitude: 50.355833
Longitude: 9.055278
Latitude: 50.718053
Longitude: 9.631311
Latitude: 50.454945
Longitude: 9.054878
Latitude: 50.454945
Longitude: 9.054878
Latitude: 50.426028
Longitude: 8.864802