Johann Jost Armbrüster, son of Johann Philipp Armbrüster & Eulalia Mauer, was baptized 15 March 1716 in the German village of Seulberg. He married Anna Margaretha Degerth. They have the following children whose baptisms are recorded in Seulberg: (1) Sophia Barbara, born 18 February 1739, baptized 22 February 1739; (2) Johann Heinrich, born 27 January 1740, baptized 29 January 1740; (3) Johann Michael, born 26 January 1744 (or 26 April 1744), baptized 30 January 1744 (or 30 April 1744); (4) Johann Heinrich, born 11 November 1746, baptized 8 November 1746; (5) Christina Elisabetha, born 10 February 1748, baptized 15 February 1748; (6) Johann Lorentz, born 21 October 1749, baptized 26 October 1749; and (7) Johann Conrad, born 21 October 1750, baptized 25 October 1750.
Johann Michael Armbrüster from Saulburg & Susanna Margaretha Schipp from Reibach were married on 22 April 1766 in the Lutheran Church of Büdingen.
Widower Johann Just and his children (Michael & his wife [Sus]Anna Margaretha; Sophia Barbara, age 26; Johann Konrad, age 17) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766 aboard a pink under the command of Lieutenant Moisey Davydov.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Krasnoyar on 20 July 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Households No. 68 & 69.
In 1788, widower Konrad Armbrüster moved from Müller to Shcherbakovka.
Konrad Armbrüster from Schuck and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Shcherbakovka in Household No. Sv32.
Today, many branches of this family use the surname of Arnbrister.
The 1767 census records that both of these families came from the German village of Homburg [Bad Homburg vor der Höhe] in the Darmstadt region.
- Humpert, Heinz. Familienbuch Seulberg, Band 1 (2015): 31.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Ks070, Sv32, Mv1792 .
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #569.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 433, 434.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #4184, #4185.