Bäcker / Becker (Frank)
Johann Heinrich Böcher from Lauter married on 16 September 1732 to Elisabetha Velten. The parish register of Queckenborn records the baptism of twins to Johann Heinrich Böcher & Elisabetha Velten: (1) Jost Conrad & (2) Johann Conrad, born 24 December 1747 in Lauter, baptized 26 December 1747.
(1) Jost Conrad Böcher from Queckborn & Eliesabetha [sic] Rühl from Villingen were married 27 May 1766 in the Lutheran Church of Büdingen.
Konrad Becker (age 21), a craftsman (Handwerker), his wife Elisabeth, and daughter Magdalena (age ¼) are recorded on the 1767 census of Frank in Household No. 71.
Konrad Becker and his wife are recorded on the 1798 census of Frank in Household No. 71.
The death of Konrad Becker in 1811 is recorded on the 1811 census of Frank in Household No. 71.
(2) Johannes Becker (age 27 [sic]), a single craftsman (Handwerker), is recorded on the 1767 census of Frank in Household No. 72 along with a note that he relocated to the colony of Krasnoyar in 1768.
The 1767 census of Frank records that both Konrad and Johannes came from the German village of Lauter in the Hessen-Darmstadt region.
- 1811 Frank Census (Household No. 71).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Fk071.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #669.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 430.