Bäcker / Becker (Näb-1)
Friedrich Becker, a farmer, his wife Maria, and children (Amalia, age 16; Johann [Moritz], age 10; Georg, age 7;Johannes [Mangus], age 3; Peter, age 2-weeks) arrived from Lübeck at the port in Oranienbaum on 12 September 1766 aboard an English frigate under the command of Skipper Adam Beerfeier.
Johann Friedrich Becker, his wife Anna Maria, and children (Johann Moritz, age 11; Johann Georg, age 7; Georg Magnus, age 3; Amalia Katharina, age 7) are recorded on the Transport List of those moving between St. Petersburg and Saratov in 1767.
Johann Friedrich Bäcker, a farmer, his wife Maria, and children (Johannes [Moritz], age 10; Georg, age 7; Georg Magnus, age 3) are recorded on an appendix to the 1767 census of Nieder-Monjou in Household No. 8 along with stepdaughter Anna Bäcker (age 17). A note accompanying the 1767 census records that they settled in the colony of Näb in 1768.
In 1769, widow Anna Klara Becker and her sons moved to Orlovskaya. Moritz and Georg Herrmann are presumed to be two of these sons. Moritz Becker and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Orlovskaya in Household No. Or19. Georg Herrmann Becker and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Orlovskaya in Household No. Or53.
In 1786, Georg Becker moved from Orlovskaya to Näb. Georg Becker from Orlovskaya and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Näb in Household No. Nb32.
The 1767 census records that Johann Friedrich Bäcker came from the German village of Tordorf [?] in the Runkel region.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Nb32, Or19, Or53, Mv1821, Mv2164.
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): #1687-1692.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 207.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #4796.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #3558-3562.