Christina Bachmann, widow of an unnamed farmer, and her daughter Eva (age 14) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 12 September 1766 aboard an English frigate under the command of Skipper Adam Beerfeier.
Widow Christina Bachmann and her daughter Eva Barbara (age 15) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
Christina and her daughter appear to be recorded in two different locations on the 1767 census of the Volga German colonies.
(1) Christina is recorded as the wife of Peter Strecker on an appendix to the 1767 census of Katharinenstadt in Household No. 26 along with her daughter Barbara [surname not recorded] (age 16). There is also a note that they relocated to the colony of Zürich in 1768.
(2) Katharina [sic] is recorded as the wife of Johann Peter Strecker on an appendix to the 1767 census of Beauregard in Household No. 20 along with stepdaughter Barbara Bachmann (age 14). There is also a note that they relocated to the colony of Zürich in 1768.
Daughter Eva Barbara Bachmann is recorded on the 1798 census of Zürich in Household No. Zr10 as the wife of Peter Kopps.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Christina Bachmann came from the German region of Hessen.
There are no known surviving male lines of this Bachmann family among the Volga German colonies.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Zr10.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 199.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 328.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #4652.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #3490-3491.