Georg Michael & David Wilhelm Bauer were sons of Georg Michael Sr. & Anna Margaretha Vielhauer. Both of these boys were baptized in the Böckingen Evangelical Church: Georg Michael on 26 September 1732, and David Wilhelm on 14 March 1744.
Georg Michael Sr. and his family emigrated to Denmark. They departed from Altona, Duchy of Holstein, on 14 June 1762, under the leadership of Adam Saam, and arrived in the city of Flensburg, Duchy of Schleswig, on 19 June 1762.
Sons Georg Michael & David Wilhelm Bauer lived in Denmark until 7 January 1765 when they and their families emigrated to Russia. The Bauers arrived in the colony of Dönhof on 21 July 1766, and are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Households No. 33 (Georg Michael) and No. 35 (Wilhelm).
In 1789, Johann Jakob and Georg Michael Bauer moved from Dönhof to Merkel.
Wilhelm Bauer is recorded on the 1798 census of Dönhof in Household No. Dh53.
Christina Beck, widow of an unnamed Bauer from Dönhof, is recorded on the 1798 census of Walter in Household No. Wt076 along with her son Johann Georg Bauer who is noted as working in Dönhof.
[Johann] Georg Bauer is recorded on the 1811 census of Walter in Household No. 76 along with a note that he relocated to the colony of Merkel [year not recorded].
Leonhard Bauer from Dönhof is recorded on the 1798 census of Kolb in Household No. Ko17.
Descendants of this Bauer family also moved to Frank and Beideck.
- 1811 Walter Census (Household No. 76).
- Eichhorn, Alexander; Eichhorn Jacob & Mary. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Steinmeier, 2012): 307/08, 341/42, & 666.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Dh031, Ko17, Mr16, Mr28, Wt076, Mv0479.
- Parish records of Böckingen (LDS Film No. 816315).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 349-350.