Johann Simon Bauer, son of Andreas Bauer, and Susanna Kreiger, daughter of Johann Christian Kreiger, were married in Lindheim on 30 July 1748. The births of several of their childen are recorded in the parish registers of Lindheim: (1) Eva Catharina, born 1 November 1751; (2) Andreas, born 29 September 1753; (3) Jonas, born 11 January 1756; and (4) Susanna Maria, born 17 July 1758.
Johannes Christoph Bauer, son of Simon Bauer & Maria Susanna Krüger, was baptized on 12 May 1766 in the Lutheran Cathedral (Evangelische Kirche Dom) in Lübeck.
Johann Simon Bauer, a farmer, his wife Maria Susanna, and children (Anna Elisabeth, age 20; Eva Katharina, age 18; Andreas, age 16; Jonas, age 12; Susanna Maria, age 8; and Johann Christoph, age 1/6) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 4 July 1766 aboard the galliot Die Fortuna under the command of Skipper Peter Stahl.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Galka on 27 July 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 46.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Johann Simon Bauer came from the German village of Linden. The 1767 census records that he came from the village of Lind in Austria.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Gk50.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #1289.
- Parish register of Lindheim (LDS Film #1201736).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 31.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #2265.