Johann Jacob Becker and his wife Anna Magdalena Bender, along with two of their children, immigrated to the Volga German colony of Kolb from the German village of Falkenstein. Johann Jacob was baptized on 24 September 1730 in Sankt Alban near Falkenstein, and Anna Magdalena baptized there on 19 May 1737.
Their marriage is recorded in the Sankt Alban church on 2 March 1756.
The Becker family arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 18 June 176 aboard the ship Die Perle under the command of Skipper Thomson.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Kolb on 13 May 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 10.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Ko33, Ko34.
- Parish records of Sankt Alban, Rockenhausen, Central Archive of the Evangelical Church in Pfalz (Archion.de)
- Parish records of Sankt Alban (LDS Film #193160)
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 388.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #992.
Record from the Sankt Alban church showing Jacob Becker's baptism 24 September 1730.
Record from the Sankt Alban church: Jacob Becker and Anna Magdalena Bender married on 2 March 1756.