Johann Peter Beefuß and Anna Elisabetha Kraft were married on 25 January 1753 in Storndorf. The births of three of their children have been located in the parish register of Storndorf: (1) Anna Julianna, born 6 December 1753; (2) Johann Adam, born 9 January 1757; and (3) Johann Andreas, born 24 May 1761.
Peter Befus, a farmer, and his family arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 15 September 1766 aboard the snow-brig Die Frau Dietrika under the command of Skipper Joachim Friedrich Luhn.
Peter Befus died after arriving in Russia, and his widow remarried to Johann Konrad Ruhl. She and the surviving children settled in the Volga German colony of Yagodnaya Polyana on 16 September 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 52.
Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that Peter Befus came from the German region of Darmstadt. Karl Stumpp records that the Befus family came from Storndorf.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Yp54.
- Parish records of Storndorf.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 187.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #6101.
- Stumpp, Karl. The Emigration from Germany to Russia in the Years 1763 to 1862 (Lincoln, NE: The American historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1973?): 120.