Johann Michael Beideck was born about 1694 in Staffort (today in Baden-Württemberg, just northeast of Karlsruhe). He married Anna Maria Steuber. She was born about 1702 in Kanton Bern (Switzerland) and died in Staffort on 18 May 1750.
They have three sons whose births are recorded in the parish register of Staffort: (1) Johann Martin, born 1726; (2) Johann Martin, born 16 January 1727; and (3) Johannes, born 5 March 1733.
Johann Martin married in Staffort on 14 December 1751 to Anna Katharina Rückert. She was born 9 March 1731 also in Staffort.
The family immigrated in Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein) arriving in Fridericia on 1 May 1760. They settled in the Danish colony of Molkenberg.
The marriage of Johannes Beideck (b. 1733) to Margaretha Magdalena Grünemeyer, daughter of Johann Matthias Grünemeyer & Maria Margaretha Wencker, is recorded on 26 May 1761 in Kropp. Margaretha Magdalena Grünemeyer had been born on 23 March 1743 in nearby Graben Neudorf.
They are last recorded in the Danish colonies on 26 April 1763.
They joined the migration to Russia.
Jürgen Friedrich Beÿdick, son of Johann[es] Beÿdick & Margaretha Grünmeÿer, was baptized 22 May 1765 in St. Peter Lutheran Church in Lübeck.
Martin and his family are recorded on the 1775 census of Beideck in Household No. 11. Johannes and his family are recorded in Household No. 19.
The Eichhorns record that Michael Beideck came from the German village of Staffort in the Baden-Durlach region.
- 1775 Beideck Census: Households No. 11 & 19.
- Eichhorn, Alexander, Jacob & Mary Eichhorn. The immigration of German colonists to Denmark and their subsequent emigration to Russia in the years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Steinmeier, 2012): B-115, B-117.
- Lang, Gerhard. German Colonists of Denmark on the Volga.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bd15, Bd64, Bd93.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #1341.
- Parish register of Kropp.
Johannes Beideck recorded on a marker in Schleswig commemorating the Volga Germans who had settled there before immigrating to Russia.
Source: Jorgelina Fischer.