Johann Michael Berg, son of Anton Berg & Anna Maria Dönges, was born 7 April 1710 in Spachbrücken. Johann Michael Berg married in Nieder-Modau on 20 October 1731 to Anna Barbara Netscher, daughter of Friedrich Netscher & Maria Katharina Grün. Anna Barbara Netscher had been born 1 September 1708 in Ober-Modau.
The births of the following children to Johann Michael Berg & Anna Barbara Netscher are recorded: (1) Johann Georg Friedrich, born 6 March 1733 in Rohrbach; (2) Elisabetha Catharina, born 30 May 1736 in Rohrbach, died 2 November 1736 in Rohrbach; (3) Anna Catharina, born 4 November 1737 in Rohrbach; (4) Christina Margaretha, born 8 February 1741 in Rohrbach, died 5 November 1743 in Rohrbach; (5) Johann Georg, born 8 November 1744 in Rohrbach; (6) Marie Catharina, born 4 March 1748 in Rohrbach; (7) Johann Georg Henrich, born 31 May 1751 in Rohrbach, died 13 May 1752 in Rohrbach; (8) Marie Catharina, born 4 March 1748 in Rohrbach; and (9) Henrich Jakob, born 12 June 1755 in Hoxhohl, died 25 January 1757, buried in Neunkirchen.
The family emigrated to Denmark in 1761. The Eichhorns record the surname as "Bert." They were last recorded in the Danish colonies in 1765.
Michael Bähr [sic], a farmer, and his wife Anna Barbara are recorded on the 1767 census of Balzer in Household No. 32.
Michael's son Georg Berg, a farmer, and his wife Elisabeth are recorded on the 1767 census of Balzer in Household No. 33.
Michael's daughter Anna Katharina Berg married Johann Michael Heckmann. They are recorded on the 1767 census of Balzer in Household No. 27.
In 1788, Georg Berg and his family moved from Balzer to Stahl am Tarlyk.
Georg Berg from Balzer and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Stahl am Tarlyk in Household No. St06.
The Michael Heckmann family is recorded on the 1798 census of Balzer in Household No. Bz068.
The 1767 census records that both Michael Bähr [sic] & Georg Berg [sic] came from the German region of Darmstadt.
- Eichhorn, Alexander; Eichhorn Jacob & Mary. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Steinmeier, 2012): 262, 350.
- Kohl, Gunnar and Helmut Ramge. Familienbuch Spachbrücken (Darmstadt: Deutsche Ortssippenbücher, 2001): Vol. 1, pp. 29-30.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bz068, St06, Mv0052.
- Ortsfamilienbuch Hoxhohl [Online].
- Parish register of Nieder-Modau (LDS Film No. 1347154).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 79, 80.