Engelhardt Berger, son of Daniel & Anna Maria Berger from Himbach, was baptized on 7 December 1726.
Anna Margaretha Runkel, daughter of Paul Runkel, was born 18 April 1724 in Gondsroth and baptized 23 April 1724.
Engelhardt Berger & Anna Margaretha Runkel were married on 26 October 1752 in Eckartshausen. The baptisms of four of their children are recorded in the parish register of Eckartshausen and Wolf:(1) Johann Peter, baptized 13 February 1756 in Himbach; (2) Johann Conrad, baptized 30 November 1757 in Wolf; (3) Anna Kunigunda, baptized 11 November 1759 in Wolf; and (4) Johann Heinrich, baptized 11 July 1762 in Wolf.
Engelhard Berger, a farmer, his wife Anna, and children (Anna, age 13; [Anna] Kunigunda, age 7; Johann [Heinrich], age 4) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 29 August 1766 aboard the ship Apollo under the command of Skipper Detlov Merberg.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Norka on 15 August 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 50.
Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that Engelhard Berger is from the district of Isenburg.
- Parish register of Eckartshausen (including Langen-Bergheim, Wiedermus, Ronneburg, and Himbach).
- Parish register of Niedermittlau (including Meerholz, Hailer, Neuenhasslau, and Gondsroth).
- Parish records of Wolf (Kr. Büdingen) - FHL Film #1201845.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 242.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #5020.