Johann Peter Blumenschein, son of Johann Peter Blumenschein & Maria Elisabetha Rebscher, was born 24 May 1707 in Reichelsheim. He married 4 May 1728 in Reichelsheim to Susanna Maria Pacius (baptized 12 August 1711 in Reichelsheim; died 25 May 1729 in Reichelsheim). He remarried to Anna Margaretha Heist, daughter of Johann Philipp Heist & Margaretha Klinger, on 24 November 1729 in Reichelsheim. Anna Margaretha Heist was born 21 March 1712 in Kirch-Beerfurth & died 8 September 1751 in Reichelsheim. Peter remarried again to Anna Maria Orth, daughter of Johannes Orth & Catharina Giermuth, on 29 February 1752 in Reichelsheim. Anna Maria Orth was born 17 March 1722 in Eschau.
Peter and his second wife had at least 10 children. He, his 3rd wife Anna Maria, and 5 of the 10 children immigrated to Russia. The eldest daughter, Margaretha Elisabeth married first in Büdingen on 17 May 1766 to Benedict Reh. He died on 20 May 1766, and she married on 19 June 1766 to Christoph Zürkobel from Brensbach.
The family arrived from Lübeck at the port in Oranienbaum on 15 September 1766 aboard the snow-brig Die Frau Dietrika under the command of skipper Joachim Friedrich Luhn. Peter and Anna Maria do not appear to have made it to Yagodnaya Polyana, but the children are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Households No. 46 & 47.
Conrad Blumenschein, also from Reichelsheim, immigrated to Russia as well. He and his family arrived in the Volga German colony of Bauer on 20 July 1766, and are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 10. He and his wife are also recorded on the 1798 Census in Bauer in Household No. Br12, but appear to have had no surviving male descendants.
- HfV Kartei Blumenschein.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Br12, Yp40.
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): A-59.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): 96.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 117.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 185.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #6089, #6107.
- Wolf, Heiner. Familienbuch Reichelsheim: 1643-1875, Band 2 (2018):1084.