Johann Bollinger, a farmer, his wife Magdalena, and their children (Eva Katharina, age 17½; Johann Friedrich, age 14; Georg Philipp, age 8; Anna Maria, age 5; Dorothea, age 2½) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 13 September 1766 aboard the Russian galliot Citidel under the command of Midshipman Grigory Bukharin.
Johannes Bolinger, his wife Magdalena, and children (Johann Friederich, age 16; Eva Cathrina, age 14; Georg Phillip, age 8; Anna Maria, age 7; Dorothea, age 4) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767 along with a note that father Johannes and daughter Dorothea died en route.
Magdalena (Helena) remarried to Melchior Schmidt. The combined Schmidt/Bollinger family settled in the Volga German colony of Lauwe on 5 September 1767. They are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 48 along with a note that they relocated to the colony of Straub in 1768.
Friedrich Bollinger and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Straub in Household No. Sr33.
Friedrich Bollinger, his sons (Georg Ludwig, Johann Nikolaus, August), and stepson (Andreas Dies) are recorded on the 1811 census of Straub in Household No. 33 along with a note that they relocated to the colony of Neu-Straub [year not recorded].
August & Ludwig Bollinger, sons of Friedrich Bollinger, are recorded on the 1834 census of Neu-Straub in Household No. 16. Nikolaus Bollinger, another son of Friedrich Bollinger, is recorded on the 1834 census of Neu-Straub in Household No. 51 along with a note that he relocated to the colony of Yagodnaya Polyana.
Nikolaus Bollinger from [Neu-]Straub and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Yagodnaya Polyana in Household No. 249.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Johann Bollinger came from the German region of Erbach.
- 1811 Straub Census (Household No. 33).
- 1834 Neu-Straub Census (Households No. 16, 41, 51).
- 1834 Yagodnaya Polyana Census (Household No. 249).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Sr33.
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): 7246-7252.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 48.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #5241.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #8360-8366.