Balthasar Boos, a farmer, settled in the Volga German colony of Warenburg on 12 May 1767. He is recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 129 along with his wife Katharina, children by his first wife (Johann Adam, age 17; Philipp Kilian, age 13; Johann Tobias, age 7), and stepson Johann Georg Flach (age 19).
The death of Balthasar Boos in 1800 is recorded on the 1811 census of Warenburg in Household No. 88.
The death of Kilian Boos, son of Balthasar Boos, in 1828 is recorded on the 1834 census of Warenburg in Household No. 85.
Adam Boos and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Lauwe in Household No. Lw09.
Tobias Boos from Warenburg and his family are recorded in the 1798 census of Lauwe in Household No. Lw18.
The death of Johann Tobias Boos in 1833 is recorded on the 1834 census of Dinkel in Household No. 33.
The 1767 census records that Balthasar Bös came from the German village of Ellingen in the Kurpfalz region.
- 1811 Warenburg Census (Household No. 88).
- 1834 Dinkel Census (Household No. 33).
- 1834 Warenburg Census (Households No. 85, 175).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Lw09, Lw18, Wr088.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 341.