Conrad Brescher married on 14 February 1706 to Gertrude Helffenbein. Their son Johann Franz was born 11 February 1709 in Rebsdorf.
Johann Franz Bräscher from Rebsdorf and the widow Anna Maria Zahn from Eckardroth were married 28 April 1739 in Soden.
Nicolaus Bräscher, son of Johann Franz & Anna Maria Bräscher, was born 24 April 1740 in Eckardroth and was baptized in the church in Soden.
Nicolaus Proescher [sic] from Eckendrodt in the area of Hutten & Anna Maria Reiss from Ronsfeldt were married on 24 April 1766 in the Lutheran Church of Büdingen.
Nikolaus Brescher, a farmer, and his wife Anna Maria arrived at the port of Oranienbaum from Lübeck on 9 August 1766 aboard the pink Novaya Dvinka under the command of Lieutenant Perepechin.
Nikolaus Brescher and his wife Anna Maria Reiss are recorded on the 1767 census of Köhler in Household No. 59. They had settled there on 21 August 1767.
Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that Nikolaus Brescher came from the German region of Fulda. Research by Ernst Müller-Marschhausen reveals that Nikolaus Brescher (some documents record the surname as Pröscher) came from the German village of Eckardroth.
[Anna Maria Reiss, daughter of Johannes Reuss & Anna Margaretha Morgenthal, was born 28 January 1744 in Romsthal.]
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Kl81.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #580.
- Müller-Marschhausen, Ernst. “Russland-Auswanderer aus dem Bergwinkel um 1766 und die Spurensuche nach ihrer Rückkehr im 20. Jahrhundert.” [Online]
- Parish register of Eckardroth.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 374.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3853.