Hanss Balthasar Brenckmann, son of Hanss Georg & Barbara Brenckmann, was born in Kleingartach on 14 October 1720. He married there on 5 August 1760 to Rosina Barbara Oppenländer, daughter of Johann Michael Oppenländer & Rosina Goldner. She was born 9 December 1732 in Kleingartach.
The family moved to Denmark (now Schleswig-Holstein). Two daughters were born there: Rosina Barbara (baptized 28 September 1762) & Magdalena (baptized 7 April 1764). The family settled on the Bunter Hof farmstead in the colony of Friedrichsanbau on 9 November 1764.
They did not stay long there, as they are recorded as having deserted the colony on 1 May 1765.
They immigrated to Russia, arriving in the colony of Shcherbakovka on 27 April 1766.
Balthasar Brinkmann, a farmer, his wife Rosina Barbara, and daughters (Barbara, age 6; Magdalena, age 5) are recorded on the 1767 census of Shcherbakovka in Household No. 41. They had settled there on 27 April 1766.
Balthasar (junior) Brinkmann, son of Balthasar Brinkmann, and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Shcherbakovka in Household No. Sv51.
Balthasar (junior) Brinkmann and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Shcherbakovka in Household No. 58.
Both the Eichhorns and the 1767 census record that Balthasar Brinkmann came from the German village of Kleingartach.
- 1834 Shcherbakovka Census (Household No. 58).
- Clausen, Otto. Chronik der Heide- und Moorkolonisation im Herzogtum Schleswig, 1760-1765 (Husum: Husum Druck- und Verlagsgesellschaft, 1981): 767.
- Eichhorn, Alexander, Jacob & Mary Eichhorn. The immigration of German colonists to Denmark and their subsequent emigration to Russia in the years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Steinmeier, 2012): B-179.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Sv51.
- Parish register of Kleingartach (LDS Film No. 1184796).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 255.