Johannes Buchhammer, son of Heinrich Buchhammer & Anna Catharina Decher, was baptized 24 June 1698 in Rainrod. He married 6 November 1727 in Rainrod to Anna Maria Wahl, daughter of Johann Heinrich & Eulalia Wahl. She was born 7 May 1707 in nearby Hergersdorf. The baptisms of five of their children are recorded in the Rainrod parish register: (1) Maria Dorothea, baptized 12 December 1728; (2) Margaretha, baptized 26 February 1732; (3) Johannes, baptized 12 April 1735, buried 24 June 1735; (4) Johann Conrad, baptized 2 April 1739; and (5) Maria Dorothea, baptized 24 October 1743, buried 2 May 1744.
Conrad immigrated to Russia arriving from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 9 August 1766 aboard the pink Novaya Dvinka under the command of Lieutenant Perepechin.
He settled in the Volga German colony of Müller on 16 August 1767 and is recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 7 along with his new bride Anna Elisabeth.
Konrad Buchhammer and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Kraft in Household Kf10.
In 1825, Johann Jost Buchhammer, his son Georg Adam, and his brother Georg Peter moved from Kraft to Galka. Johann Heinrich Buchhammer moved from Kraft to Schwab before 1834.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Johann Konrad Buchhammer was a tailor while the 1767 census records that he was a farmer.
The Oranienbaum passenger ist records that Johann Konrad Buchhammer came from the German region of Darmstadt. The 1767 census records that Konrad Buchhammer came from the German village of Rainrod in the region of Darmstadt.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Kf10.
- Parish records of Rainrod.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 177.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3895.
- Wächter, Marion & Udo Döring. Familienbuch Hopfgarten mit Hergersdorf, Ober- und Untersorg, Melchiorsgrund, Scheufelhof, Rainrod und Vadenrod (Darmstadt, 2013): #0418.