Johannes Jacob Busch, son of Johann Andreas & Eva Rosina Busch, was born on 26 August 1726 in Mannheim. The births of 2 sons to Jacob & Susanna Margaretha Busch are recorded in Feudenheim: (1) Johann Philipp, born 18 June 1753; and (2) Johann Jacob, born 5 February 1756.
Jakob's wife Susanna Margaretha evidently died, because Jakob Busch remarried in Ladenburg on 27 June 1758 to Christina Bauer, daughter of Melchior & Barbara Bauer. Christina Bauer had been born 11 February 1739 in Feudenheim. [See Bauer Family.] They had an additional son: Johan Michel, born 5 November 1758.
Jakob Busch, a farmer, immigrated to Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein) arriving in Flensburg on 29 May 1762 along with his son Philipp (age 13).
Jakob Busch and his family are last recorded in the Danish colonies on 24 April 1765.
They joined the migration to Russia and settled in the Volga German colony of Balzer on 28 March 1766. They are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 19 along with Anna Susanna Bauer (age 30). Althought the 1767 census does not record a relationship between the Busch and Bauer families, the records in Denmark record that Christina Bauer and Anna Susanna Bauer are [half-]sisters.
In 1792, Jakob Busch moved from Balzer to Lauwe.
Johannes Busch, son of Jakob Busch, and his family are recorded on the 1811 census of Dietel in Household No. 38 along with a note that he had arrived in Dietel from Balzer in 1800.
The 1767 census records that Jakob Busch came from the German region of Kurpfalz. The Eichhorns record that Jakob Busch came from the German village of Käferthal near Mannheim in the Kurpfalz region.
- 1811 Dietel Census (Household No. 38).
- Eichhorn, Alexander, Jacob & Mary Eichhorn. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Drukerei und Verlag Steinmeier GmbH & Co. Kg, 2012): B-198.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bz056, Lw01, Mv0072.
- Parish records of Feudenheim.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 77.