Johann Georg Dannicker & Dorothea Hertelein, widow of Mr. Richter, were married on 14 May 1766 in the Lutheran Cathedral (Evangelische Kirche Dom) in Lübeck.
Johann [Georg] Danecker, a tailor (Schneider), his wife Dorothea, daughter Barbara (age 8), and stepson Johann Richter (age 20) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 12 September 1766 aboard an English frigate under the command of Skipper Adam Beerfeier.
Johann Dannecker, his wife Dorothea, and daughter Barbara (age 8) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Bettinger on 3 August 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 4.
Georg Friedrich Danecker, presumed to be the son of Johann Georg Danecker, is recorded on the 1798 census of Bettinger in Household No. Bt05.
The death of Georg Friedrich Danecker in 1817 is recorded on the 1834 census of Bettinger in Household No. 17.
Wilhelm Gottlieb Danecker, presumed to be the son of Johann Georg Danecker, is recorded on the 1798 census of Bettinger in Household No. Bt19.
Wilhelm Danecker and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Bettinger in Household No. 64.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Johann Dannecker [sic] came from the German region of Fulda while the 1767 census records that he came from the German village of Wittendorf.
- 1834 Bettinger Census (Households No. 17, 64).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bt05, Bt19.
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): #3931-3932.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #153.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 132.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #4560.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #4900-4902.