Peter Deisel from Ziegenhain and Maria Elisabetha Lehr married on 11 November 1751. Maria Elisabetha Lehr, daughter of Georg Heinrich & Anna Catharina Lehr, was born on 4 September 1720. Peter and Maria Elisabetha had two children, both born in Himbach: (1) Katharina Elisabeth, born 16 October 1752; and (2) Johann Carl, born 15 February 1757.
Peter Deisel, his wife Maria, and children (Katharina, age 15; Johann [Karl], age 11) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 4 July 1766 aboard the English frigate Love & Unity under the command of Skipper Thomas Fairfax.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Messer on 18 June 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 74.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Peter Deisel was a farmer while the 1767 census records that he was a craftsman (Handwerker).
Both documents record that Peter Deisel came from the German district of Isenburg.
- Decker, Klaus-Peter. Die Auswanderung von 1766/67 aus der Grafschaft Ysenburg-Büdingen nach Russland.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Ms71.
- Parish records of Eckartshausen (which includes Langenbergheim, Wiedesmus, Ronneburg, and Himbach) - LDS Films #1201827 and #1201828.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 149.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #1791.