Anton Diehl, his wife Maria, and children (Katharina, age 12; Christian, age 7) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 19 July 1766 aboard a ship under the Skipper Jakob Bauer.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Schwab on 8 July 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 16.
The widow of Anton Diehl and sons ([a] Weigand, age 27; [b] Johann Peter, age 22; Johannes, age 20; Anton, age 15) are recorded on the 1798 census of Schwab in Household No. Sb22.
[a] Weigand Diehl and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Schwab in Household No. 29.
The death of Weigand Diehl in 1844 is recorded on the 1850 census of Schwab in Household No. 44.
Georg Heinrich & Georg Anton Diehl, sons of Weigand Diehl, and their families are recorded on the 1834 census of Schwab in Household No. 69.
Georg Anton Diehl from Schwab and his family are recorded on the 1857 census of Friedenberg.
[b] [Johann] Peter Diehl, son of Anton Diehl, and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Galka in Household No. 105.
Mattias Diehl, son of Peter Diehl, and his family are recorded on the 1857 census of Galka in Household No. 137 along with a note that they relocated to the colony of Erlenbach in 1852.
Mattias Diehl from Galka and his family are recorded on the 1857 census of Erlenbach.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Anton Diehl was a stonemason from the German region of Friedeburg. The 1767 census records that he was a farmer from the German village of Rodenbach.
In 1860, Friedrich Diehl from Schwab relocated to the daughter colony of Kana.
- 1834 Galka Census (Household No. 105).
- 1834 Schwab Census (Households No. 29, 69, 80).
- 1850 Schwab Census (Households No. 44, 45, 106, 107, 119).
- 1857 Erlenbach Census.
- 1857 Friedenberg Census.
- 1857 Galka Census (Households No. 135, 136, 137, 138).
- 1857 Schwab Census (Households No. 44, 45, 106, 107, 119).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Sb22.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 130.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #2637.