Johann Philipp Dumler married Eva Maria Reber on 22 November 1735 in Leonbronn, south of Eppingen.
Philipp & Eva had a number of children including Johann Georg, baptized 27 January 1737 in Leonbronn. This son, Georg, and his fiancée (Anna Catharina Barbara Schmied) immigrated to Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein), departing from Altona, Duchy of Holstein, on 29 June 1761 under the leadership of Johann Thomas Gabler. They arrived in the city of Schleswig, Duchy of Schleswig, on 4 July 1761.
Travelling with them was Johann Philipp Dumler and his family. Johann Philipp Dumler had been baptized on 7 April 1730 also in Leonbronn - perhaps an older half-brother of Johann Georg. His family, however, continued on from the city Schleswig, settling in the city of Flensburg on 17 July 1761.
While in the Danish colonies, the parish register of Handewitt records the baptism of Johann Friedrich Dumler, son of Johann Philipp Dumler & Eva Barbara [Frank], on 15 May 1763. The parish register of Nordhackstedt records the birth of two children to Johann Georg Dumler & Anna Katharina Schmied: (1) Ernst Friedrich, born 5 May 1763; and (2) Elisabetha Barbara, born 13 December 1764.
On 24 April 1765, both Philipp and Georg abandoned the Danish colonies and joined those immigrating on to Russia. They settled in the Volga German colony of Grimm where they are recorded on the 1775 census in Households No. 10 (Philipp) and No. 51 (Georg).
Philipp is still living in Grimm in 1798 where he is recorded on the census in Household No. Gm087.
By 1857, descendants of these families were living in the daughter colonies of Eckheim and Gnadenfeld.
- 1775 Grimm Census (Households No. 10 & 51).
- Eichhorn, Alexander; Eichhorn Jacob & Mary. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen: Steinmeier, 2012), 272, 274, 381.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Gm082, Gm087, Gm149.
- Parish register of Handewitt, Denmark.
- Parish register of Leonbronn (LDS Film No. 1184760).
- Parish register of Nordhackstedt, Denmark.
Johann Philipp Dumler recorded on a marker in Schleswig commemorating the Volga Germans who had settled there before immigrating to Russia.
Source: Jorgelina Fischer.