There are two Eberling families from Büdingen who settled in the Volga German colony of Norka:
(1) Heinrich Carl and Appolonia Eberling had five children, all baptized in Büdingen: (1 & 2) twins Johannes and Johann Joachim, 21 July 1743; (3) Johanna Catharina, 19 December 1745; (4) Johann Georg, 4 February 1748; and (5) Eva Elisabetha Justine, 8 September 1751.
Karl Eberling, his wife Appolonia, and children (Anna, age 20; Johann, age 18; Justina, age 17) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 14 September 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Reders.
They settled in Norka on 2 September 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 206.
(2) Johannes Eberling of Büdingen and Johanetta Katharina Weber, daughter of Johann Heinrich Weber of Wenings, were married in Büdingen on 24 May 1766. Johanetta Catharina Weber was baptized in Wenings on 9 March 1743.
They immigrated to Russia, arriving from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 29 August 1766 aboard a ship with Skipper John Scott at the helm.
Johannes Eberling and his wife Catarina are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
They settled in Norka on 26 August 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 188.
Widow Katharina Eberling is recorded on the 1798 census of Norka in Household No. Nr103, however a note there records that she is actually living in Beideck.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Nr102, Nr103.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #678.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 279 & 285.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3716, #6468.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #2489-2490.