Johann Christoph Ehrlich, a miller (Müller), and his family immigrated to Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein). His wife (name not recorded) died 14 June 1761. Johann Christoph and the children (Christoph, age 12; Friedrich, age 10; Gottlieb, age 7; and Daniel, age 4) arrived in the city of Schleswig on 4 July 1761. He remarried to Katharina Reichenbacher, sister-in-law of Christoph Maier [who settled in the Volga German colony of Shcherbakovka]. They were dismissed from the Danish colony on 6 June 1763 and joined the migration to Russia.
Johann Christoph Ehrlich died and Katharina remarried to Johann Leonhard Schneider.
Johann Leonhard Schneider, his wife Katharina, and children (Rosina Dorothea, age 6; Elisabeth, age 4; Georg Jakob, age 2) are recorded on the 1767 census of Dobrinka in Household No. 51 along with stepson Johann [probably Friedrich] Ehrlich (age 10). The two girls may also be Ehrlichs as there is an Eva Elisabeth Ehrlich (age 35) from Dobrinka recorded on the 1798 census of Dobrinka in Household No. Db05.
Christoph Ehrlich is recorded on the 1798 census of Shcherbakovka in Household No. Sv29.
Friedrich Ehrlich has not been located on the 1798 census [in any colony], but is recorded on the 1834 census of Shcherbakovka in Household No. 7 where his death is recorded in 1820.
Johann Georg Ehrlich, Georg Peter Ehrlich, and Heinrich Peter Ehrlich from Shcherbakovka and their families are recorded on the 1857 census of Gnadentau.
The Eichhorns record that Johann Christoph Ehrlich came from the German region of Bayern (Bavaria).
- 1834 Shcherbakovka Census (Households No. 7, 34, 35).
- 1850 Shcherbakovka Census (Households No. 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 126).
- 1857 Shcherbakovka Census (Households No. 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 130).
- 1857 Gnadentau Census.
- Eichhorn, Alexander, Jacob & Mary Eichhorn. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Drukerei und Verlag Steinmeier GmbH & Co. Kg, 2012): A24-2, A24-79, B-317.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Db05, Sv29.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 327.