Eisel / Eusel (Norka)
There are 2 Eisel families that settled in the Volga German colony of Norka on 15 August 1767. Their relationship to each other, if any, needs further research.
(1) Johannes Eusel from Friedewald married on 4 April 1762 in Ronshausen to Anna Christina Becker, daughter of Anton Bäcker from Ronshausen [see Bäcker family].
They have two children born in Ronshausen: (1) Joachim, baptized 23 August 1762; and (2) Anna Elisabeth, baptized 4 April 1765.
Johannes Eisel (age 34), a craftsman (Handwerker), and his family settled in the Volga German colony of Norka on 15 August 1767. They are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 154.
(2) Johann Georg Eusel, son of Johann Georg Eusel, married on 8 July 1765 in Ronshausen to Anna Catharina Becker, daughter of the aforementioned Anton Bäcker from Ronshausen [see Bäcker family].
Johann Georg was previously married to Anna Katharina had two children before their marriage: (1) Johann Heinrich, baptized 17 September 1762; and (2) Anna Catharina Elisabeth, baptized 15 February 1764.
Georg Eusel, a farmer, his wife Anna, and daughter Anna (age 2) arrived from Lübeck at the port in Oranienbaum aboard a ship under the command of skipper Johann Skott on 29 August 1766.
Georg Eisel (age 27), a craftsman (Handwerker), and his family settled in the Volga German colony of Norka on 15 August 1767. They are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 149.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Georg Eusel came from the German region of Hessen. The 1767 census records that both of these Eisel families came from the German region of Hessen.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Nr159, Nr200.
- Parish register of Ronshausen.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 269, 270.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766 (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3607.