Johann Jakob Eurich (records in Germany sometimes record the spelling as Euring) was a vintner (Weingärtner) from Kettenbach im Taunus. He married in Gelnhausen on 5 December 1740 to Anna Christina Hubert, daughter of Hans Georg Hubert. They have the following children, each born in Gelnhausen: (1) Susanna Maria, born 21 August 1746; (2) Susanna Elisabeth, born 24 April 1749; (3) Johann Heinrich, born 4 September 1750; (4) Katharina, born 20 January 1752; (5) Johann Adam, born 26 December 1754; and (6) Anna Margaretha, born 13 November 1757.
Anna Christina died in February 1757, and Jakob remarried on 29 June 1758 to Katharina Elisabeth Rausch. They have the following children, also each born in Gelnhausen: (1) Anna Elisabeth, born 25 May 1759 and died as an infant; (2) Anna Elisabeth, born 19 July 1760; (3) Karl, born 10 February 1763; and (4) Anna Margaretha, born 1 March 1765.
Jakob Eurich, a farmer, his wife Katharina, and children (Katharina, age 18; Adam, age 16; Maria, age 8; Susanna, age 4; Karl, age 3; Susanna Maria, age 1½) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 4 July 1766 aboard the ship Der Junge Mathias under the command of skipper David Wollert.
Johann Jakob Eurich, a miller (Müller), his wife Katharina, and children (Katharina, age 18; Johann Adam, age 16; Margaretha, age 8; Susanna Elisabeth, age 6; Anna Margaretha, age 3) are recorded on the 1767 census of Kraft in Household No. 57. They had settled in Kraft on 18 August 1767.
Son Johann Adam Eurich seems to have relocated to the neighboring colony of Schwab.
The death of Adam Eurich in 1817 is recorded on the 1834 census of Schwab in Household No. 74.
Christoph Eurich from Schwab and his wife are recorded on the 1857 census of Friedenberg.
Friedrich Eurich from Schwab and his family are recorded on the 1857 census of Friedenberg.
Heinrich Ludwig Eurich and his brother Georg Wilhelm Eurich from Schwab and their families are recorded on the 1857 census of Friedenberg.
- 1834 Schwab Census (Household No. 74, 83).
- 1850 Schwab Census (Households No. 112, 113, 122, 123).
- 1857 Friedenberg Census.
- 1857 Schwab Census (Households No. 112, 113, 122, 123).
- Frey, Julius. "Auswanderung aus den Kreisen Gelnhausen und Büdingen im Jahre 1766." Geschichtsblätter für Stadt und Kreis Glenhausen. Herausgeber: Geschichtsverein Gelnhausen, 1965.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Sb20, Sb37.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 408.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #1923.