Conrad Faust, son of Philipp & Anna Maria Faust, was born 12 August 1704 in Niedergründau. He married in November 1727 in Nieder Grundau to Anna Margaretha Stumpf, daughter of Wolf Diedrich & Maria Catharina Stumpf. She had been born about 1711 in Niedergründau.
The baptisms of the following children of Conrad Faust & Anna Margaretha Stumpf are recorded in the parish register of Niedergründau: (1) Conrad, baptized 31 August 1727; and (2) Anna Maria, baptized 23 July 1730.
(1) Konrad Faust, a farmer, his wife Anna Maria [sic], and children (Konrad, age 26; Katharina, age 21) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 9 August 1766 aboard the pink Slon under the command of Lieutenant Sergey Panov.
Conrad Faust, a farmer, his wife Margaretha, son Conrad (age 29), and daughter-in-law Margaretha [Keller] (age 20) are recorded on the 1767 census of Balzer in Household No. 100. They had settled Balzer on 8 August 1767.
(2) Anna Maria Faust married 30 January 1744 in Rothenbergen to Johann Heinrich Keller. [See Keller Family.]
Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that Konrad Faust came from the German region of Isenburg.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bz073.
- Parish register of Nieder Grundau.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 102.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #4053.