Hans Philipp Frank, son of Rudolf Frank and Anna Katharina Müller, was born in Schriesheim on 5 November 1719. He was married in the Reformed Church in Schriesheim to Anna Margaretha Will on 20 April 1756. Anna Margaretha was born to Hans Heinrich Will & Anna Catharina Keppelmann on 13 September 1721 also in Schriesheim.
The births of five of Philipp Frank's children are recorded in the parish register of Schriesheim [evidently by at least 2 wives]: (1) Johannes, born 30 December 1743, died 6 March 1748; (2) Johann Paulus, born 2 February 1747, died 29 February 1748; (3) Johann Philipp, born 21 May 1756; (4) Johann Heinrich, born 23 July 1759; and (5) Christina, born 19 June 1762.
Philipp Frank and his family arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766 aboard the snow-brig Der Merkur under the command of Skipper Johann Heinrich Abelmann.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Kautz on 20 July 1767 and widower Philipp Frank and three of his children are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 13.
Son Johann Heinrich Frank moved to the colony of Hussenbach.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Hs086, Kz22.
- Parish records of Schriesheim (LDS Film #1192205).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 336.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3328.
- Schuhmann, Karl. Familienbuch Schriesheim: 1650-1900 (Schriesheim, Germany: Odenwaldklub Schriesheim, 2004): #2489, #2505, #10828.
D. Michael Frank