Fuchs (Müller / Norka)
Three children of Johannes & Margaretha Fuchs from Schlierbach immigrated to the Volga German colonies, arriving together from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 29 August 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Johann Skott.
(1) Johann Daniel Fuchs was baptized in Schlierbach on 11 January 1733. He married Eva Maria Wilhelm, daughter of Johann Jacob Wilhelm, in Schlierbach on 13 November 1757. The Hellstein baptismal register records three children, each born in Schlierbach: (1) Anna Maria, born 14 April 1758, baptized 23 April 1758; (2) Anna Gertraud, born 9 October 1759, baptized 14 October 1759, died 3 January 1763; and (3) Johannes, born 28 October 1763, baptized 6 November 1763.
Daniel Fuchs, a farmer, his wife Maria, children (Anna, age 9; Johann, age 3), and his wife's brother Jakob [Wilhelm] arrived in Oranienbaum.
Daniel settled in the Volga German colony of Müller on 16 August 1767. He is recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 5 along with his new wife Anna Elisabeth and the single Johann Georg Schingas? (age 18).
(2) Johann Heinrich Fuchs and Anna Catharina Walther, daughter of Johann Caspar Walther from Eisenhammer, married in Schlierbach on 13 February 1758. The Hellstein parish register records the baptisms of five children:(1) Anna Maria, born 23 May 1758, baptized 28 May 1758; (2) Johann Heinrich, born 18 February 1760, baptized 24 February 1760, 11 April 1763; (3) Johann Georg Hartmann, born 24 June 1762, baptized 27 June 1762, died 18 July 1762; (4) Anna Elisabeth, born 26 September 1763, baptized 2 October 1763; and (5) Gertraud, born 16 November 1765, baptized 24 November 1765.
Johann Heinrich Fuchs, a farmer, and his family (including his mother) arrived in Oranienbaum.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Norka on 15 August 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 39. In 1793, Johann Heinrich Fuchs moved from Norka to Kukkus.
(3) Gertrude Fuchs married Hartmann Walter. They and son Anton (age 8) arrived in Oranienbaum. They settled in the Volga German colony of Göbel and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 3.
Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that Johann Heinrich Fuchs came from the German district of Isenburg. The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Daniel Fuchs came from the German region of Isenburg. The 1767 census records that he came from the German village of Schlierbach in the Isenburg region.
- Decker, Klaus-Peter. Die Auswanderung von 1766/67 aus der Grafschaft Ysenburg-Büdingen nach Russland, p. 117.
- List of those recruited by Johann Facius from 13 November 1765 to 18 February 1766.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Kk42, Nr189, Mv1988.
- Parish register of Hellstein.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 176, 239.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766 (Saratov: State Technical University, 2010): #3744, #3778.