Pierre (Peter) Galloÿ, son of Pierre Galloÿ & Helwig Sophie Dietz, was born on 7 August 1739 and baptized on 13 August 1739 in Neu-Isenburg near Büdingen. He was confirmed there on 11 April 1759. He married in Büdingen on 7 April 1766 to Anne Elisabeth Vester, daughter of Jean Jacob Vester & Ursule Tiber. She had also been baptized in Neu-Isenburg on 25 April 1745.
They arrived from Lübeck at the port in Oranienbaum on 4 July 1766 aboard a Russian packet-boat under the command of Midshipman Mankensey.
On 18 June 1767, they settled in the Volga German colony of Moor and are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 30 along with their newborn daughter, Anna Margaretha (age 2½ months).
Descendants of this family use the surnames of Gallowa and Galloway.
[This family should not be confused with that of Missionary James Galloway whose descendants married into the Volga German families that resettled to the colony of Karras in the North Caucasus.]
- Bonner, Wayne H. Volga German Settlers Identified in Isenburg and Other German Church Records Part I (Gardena, CA: Wayne Bonner, 2007): 48-49.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Mo53.
- Ortsfamilienbuch for Neu-Isenburg [online].
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 163.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #1181.