Gerlach (Balzer & Moor)
Johannes Gerlach, son of Johannes & Anna Elisabetha Gerlach, was born 13 November 1706 in Düdelsheim.
Johannes Gerlach married Anna Maria [surname unknown] on 12 March 1733.
Joh. Christophel Gerlach, son of Johannes & Anna Maria Gerlach, was baptized in Aulendiebach on 2 October 1735. He married there on 4 October 1763 to Anna Sybilla Diehl, daughter of Johannes & Wilhelmine Diehl. She was baptized on 7 March 1739 in nearby Wenigs.
They had a daughter, Wilhelmina, who was baptized in Aulendiebach on 26 November 1763.
Christoph Gerlach, a farmer, his wife Anna, children (Johann, age 7; Anna, age 3), and Christoph's father Johann[es] arrived from Lübeck at the port in Oranienbaum on 9 July 1766 aboard the English frigate Love & Unity under the command of Skipper Thomas Fairfax.
Johannes Gerlach, a farmer, and his [new] wife Anna Kunigunda are recorded on the 1767 census of Balzer in Household No. 73. They had arrived in Balzer on 18 June 1767.
Christoph Gerlach, a farmer, his wife Sibilla, and daughters (Wilhelmina, age 4; Margaretha, age 1) are recorded on the 1767 census of Moor in Household No. 42. They had arrived in Moor on 18 June 1767.
In 1797, Johannes Gerlach moved from Moor to Warenburg.
Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that this Gerlach family came from the German region of Isenburg.
- Aulendiebach Parish Records (LDS Film No. 1201847).
- Bonner, Wayne H. Volga German Settlers Identified in Isenburg and Other German Church Records Part I (Gardena, CA: Wayne Bonner, 2007): 51.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Mo65, Wr107, Mv1789.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #1261.
- Parish register of Aulendiebach.
- Parish register of Wenigs.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 93.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 166.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #1856.