Franziscus Glass, a farmer, and his wife Johanna arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 12 September 1766 aboard an English frigate under the command of Skipper Adam Beerfeier.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Katharinenstadt on 23 Juy 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 122 along with a note that they relocated to the colony of Zug in 1768.
The 1767 census records that Franz Glass came from the village of Stossau in Austria.
There are no known surviving male lines of this Glass family among the Volga German colonies.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 302.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766 (Saratov: State Technical University, 2010): #4716.