Johann Gottfried Grummet & Catharina Margaretha Maintsch were married on 17 July 1766 in the Lutheran Cathedral (Evangelische Kirche Dom) in Lübeck.
They are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
Gottfried Grummet and his wife Katharina are recorded on a list of Beauregard recruits attached to the 1767 census (No. 142) along with a note that they settled in the colony of Bettinger in 1768.
Their descendants are recorded on the 1834 census of Bettinger in Households No. 19 & 21.
The 1767 census records that Gottfried Grummet came from the German village of Suhl.
- 1834 Bettinger Census (Households No. 19, 21).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bt29.
- Mai, Brent Alan. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga, 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998), #1266-1267.
- Mai, Brent Alan & Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767): Origins and Destinations (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #191.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet 1764-1767 Band 4 (Goettingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 377.