Johann Christian Heinirch Grune from Sollnitz married Agnessa Catharina Stock from Großkühnau on 11 October 1746 in Sollnitz (near Dessau). At the time of immigration, the family was living in nearby Kleutsch.
Heinrich Gruhne, a farmer, his wife Agness, and children (Johann, age 20; Maria, age 16½; Sophia, age 14; Christoph age 11; Johanna, age 5; Elisabeth, age ¾) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 4 July 1766 aboard the English frigate Love & Unity under the command of Skipper Thomas Fairfax.
Heinrich Gruhne, his wife Agnese, and children (Joh. Willhelm, age 20; Doro. Sophia, age 16; Christoph, age 10; Cathar. Elisab., age 2) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
Widow Agnessa Katharina Gruhne and the surviving children (Wilhelm, age 20; Christoph, age 11; Katharina, age 1; Dorothea, age 1-week) are recorded on the 1767 census of Kaneau in Household No. 8. They had settled there on 7 June 1767.
Christoph Gruhne from Kaneau and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Paulskaya in Household No. Pl14.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Heinrich Gruhne came from the German region of Dessau. The 1767 census records that widow Agnessa Katharina Grün [sic] came from the German village of Sollnitz.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Kn02, Pl14.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): 1076.
- Parish register of Sollnitz.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 245.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #1236.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #0475-0480.
Entry from the Anhalt-Dessau register. "Kleutsch. Heinrich Grune with wife and six children, the oldest of whom is 12 years old. He guards the ducks (hütete den Entenfang) and lives on charity (Schwarzen Stamm)."
Source: Karl Becker.