Johann Christian Guterig, son of Johannes Gutehr [sic] (died 9 January 1759) & Anna Barbar Kader (1 July 1707 - 27 March 1765), was born on 21 February 1739 in Gammelsbach. He married in nearby Wald-Michelbach on 9 January 1759 to Maria Katharina Albrecht, daughter of Johann Georg Albrecht, who was from neighboring Siedelsbrunn.
They immigrated to Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein) arriving in Fridericia on 1 May 1760. They are last recorded among the Danish colonies on 26 April 1763.
They joined the migration to Russia, and settled in the Volga German colony of Anton on 7 September 1764. Christian is recorded there as a widower along with his daughter Eva Katharina (age 4½) on the 1767 census in Household No. 12.
There are no known surviving male lines of this family among the Volga German colonies.
Gutrich Family of Sarepta
The parish register of Sarepta records that Eva Katharina Gutrich from Anton received permission to relocate to Sarepta on 29 May 1781.
- Eichhorn, Alexander, Jacob & Mary Eichhorn. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Drukerei und Verlag Steinmeier GmbH & Co. Kg, 2012): B-519.
- Lang, Gerhard. German Colonists of Denmark on the Volga.
- Ortsfamilienbuch Gammelsbach [Online].
- Parish registers of Sarepta.
- Parish records for Wald-Michelbach (LDS Film No. 1340338).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 55.